There are two types of costs payable by parents of students at Cornerstone:
- Attendance dues, paid to the Proprietor, which are a compulsory fee allowed for in legislation.
- Other costs, paid to the school, for optional activities (e.g. camps, trips and extra-curricular sports) and items that students get to keep (e.g. uniforms, calculators, technology projects).
Proprietor attendance dues
Attendance dues are a charge from the Proprietor, the Cornerstone Christian Education Trust, to cover costs related to buildings, grounds, insurance, capital works, etc. These costs are funded by the Proprietor, not by the government, and in exchange the Proprietor is permitted to operate a special character school. The Proprietor is committed to providing high quality facilities and attendance dues are a key source of revenue allowing it to do so.
Attendance dues are based on the level of revenue the Proprietor requires in order to meet its financial commitments, e.g. loan repayment, building, maintenance and insurance of school buildings. The levels of attendance dues are reviewed every 2-3 years. Download current attendance dues information.
Enrolment and attendance are conditional upon ongoing payment of attendance dues. The preferred method of payment is by regular automatic payments and this can be arranged by internet banking or through the school office. The Proprietor's bank account details are:
Please add the account code (written on the invoice) and the parent's last name and initials in the particulars field so that the Proprietor knows whose attendance dues to apply the payment to.
If parents wish to pay in one lump sum, the Proprietor requests payment by 31 May.
Attendance dues hardship fund
The Proprietor desires that no family should miss out on a Christian education due to financial hardship. A limited fund has been set up to assist families with meeting the cost of attendance dues in cases where paying in full would result in genuine financial hardship for the family.
Hardship fund contributions
Friends of the school are invited to contribute to the hardship fund. Contributions, large or small, will enable the Proprietor to offer hardship rebates to families facing genuine financial hardship. To contribute to the needs of families requiring temporary assistance with meeting the cost of attendance dues, please contact Simon McCracken, ph. 021 043 3025 or (06) 356 2525.
Parents are charged by Cornerstone Christian School for:
- School uniforms.
- Equipment purchased through the school, e.g. calculators and Secondary workbooks (especially at NCEA levels).
- Technology items that students in Years 7-10 take home. Parents will be notified of any costs in advance.
- Extra-curricular camps and trips. Parents will generally be notified of opportunities and the costs associated with these well in advance. They are non-compulsory (since they are non-core curriculum) and parents need to pay the costs associated with the camp or trip prior to the event if they choose for their child to participate (alternative learning opportunities will be provided to all students who are unable to attend).
- Extra-curricular sports. Parents will be notified of the costs of their child participating in any particular sports team prior to registration day. Students whose parents agree for them to participate will be placed in a team once payment has been made at the school office.
Payment is required prior to goods being taken, placement in a sports teams being finalised etc., and may be made at the school office by cheque, cash or eftpos. Alternately, payment may be made by internet banking. If you use internet banking please use the account number below and make sure you provide all the necessary details within the statement details section so we know who the payment has come from and what it is for, i.e.
Note that this fund is not for attendance dues which are a Proprietor cost and as such are separate from the school.